February 27, 2013

Taking on a Disney Class

Other than going to work and going to class nothing much has happened so I'll talk about the class I'm taking.

While I am here in Florida, I am taking one class through Disney.  I am taking Corporate Communications.  We just finished our 4th week and so far it is going very well.  I really enjoy my professor and the class material. 

We learn about how large corporations communicate within the company and through the media.  The class focuses on the Disney company but with our group project underway, we are able to research other large companies.  My group is researching Google. 

This week we had to create our own press release for our company (Google).  It was actually kinda fun to make up important news to write about.  I wrote my press release on the Google search engine crashing.  I wonder what would really happen if Google crashed?...Well hopefully we won't have to find out. 

Each class is four hours long but it is only once a week so it isn't too bad.  Luckily my professor is really fun and time goes by quickly.  It almost doesn't even feel like a class, which I really like.  Our next assignment is to look in our pantries, refrigerators, and freezers and find a product that has an advertisement for another product on it.  Homework couldn't get any easier.

 ***

Tomorrow night I will be eating at the new "Be Our Guest" restaurant in New Fantasyland with my two roommates, Kelsey and Katie, and our friend Kevin.  It is in celebration of Katie's birthday, which was last week.  I am really excited to go there because it is themed entirely from "Beauty and the Beast".  It is located in the new Beast's Castle in Magic Kingdom.  I will let you all know how it is and post pictures as well sometime within the next week or so.  

***

Have a magical day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment