January 7, 2013

Mission: Navigating Orlando

I have arrived safely and successfully in Orlando!  My flight was only 2 hours and 15 minutes long, which put me in Orlando 30 minutes early.  I had no problems flying by myself.  Once I exited the plane, I figured I would get lost or something.  But I didn't!

In order to get to the baggage claim area of the airport I had to take the monorail.  I was very pleased with how well everything was labeled and directing me where I needed to go.  I was able to get my two giant suitcases, one hockey bag, and my back pack and carry them to my aunt's car. 

My aunt drove out to Orlando to meet me for the night and make sure I get to where I need to be.  She parked her car in the parking garage so she could come in and help me with my luggage.  Well she got a new car about a week ago and, needless to say, she forgot where she parked.  That was an adventure trying to find a white SUV type car in Florida.  That's like the only car here!  I would say after about 15 or 20 minutes we finally found her car and loaded my bags up and headed to our hotel.

We got a little lost getting from the airport to the hotel but not really.  We just ended up taking a right when we should have gone left so it was an easy fix.  Once we found the location of our hotel, she couldn't remember which of the three Marriotts we were staying at.  We figured it out and everything was just peachy. 

After we got to our hotel we regrouped and ventured out to find lunch and a grocery store to get my groceries and such.  Got that all taken car of.  After that, we headed over to Vista Way to scope out where I will be going tomorrow at 5 a.m. to stand in line for check-in.  Yes, that means I will be waking up at 4 a.m. and I am not a morning person at all.  Only for Disney will this happen.  I promise.

After visiting Vista Way, we brought the groceries back to the hotel and decided that we wanted to go shopping shopping.  This meant Outlet Mall!!  We spent the remainder of the afternoon there, finding really good deals on designer items. 

The weather here today was a nice 70 degrees and a little overcast.  It sprinkled a little bit on and off throughout the afternoon but for me it was perfect weather.  I got to wear flip flops in January! That usually doesn't happen so that made it even better.  Tomorrow it is supposed to be at least 80 degrees. 

Being exhausted after our long day, we ordered a pizza for dinner and sat in the hotel watching "The Bachelor" on ABC.  My aunt was against this but after watching the two hour season premiere, I am proud to say that my aunt has stated, "Well there goes my Monday nights.  I have to see what happens now and keep watching."  Hehehehe.  I have converted her to "The Bachelor" drama! 

Well that's about it for now.  I have a very long day ahead of me tomorrow.  I will hopefully start having pictures up soon!!

"Remember, you're the one who can fill the world with sunshine." -Snow White

No comments:

Post a Comment