January 6, 2013

All Packed and Ready to Go!

Okay, so I leave on my adventure in 10 hours and 31 minutes.  I will be heading to the airport bright and early.  This will be the first time I will be flying by myself so this could get interesting.  After I board the plane, it will be just three short hours until I land in Orlando.  Sleeping the whole flight is sounding pretty good right about now since I have to be up so early.

I have this feeling that the next few days are going to be very exhausting.  Disney will be keeping us busy and constantly moving.  From what I hear, move-in day can be a very long day and an even longer day for lifeguards.  On top of checking in and moving into our apartments we will be completing the testing portion of the training.  This is so that if someone can't complete the test, they can be placed at another job location.

The test consists of swimming 200 meters, retrieving a brick from the bottom of the pool, and treading water for 2 minutes without the use of our hands.  Not too bad considering I was a swimmer for about 13 years.  Now, technically, this test is the "deep water" test.  This is for those who are chosen to work at the two water parks, Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach.

The "shallow water" test consists of swimming 50 meters and retrieving a brick from the bottom of the pool.  This is much easier test.  I am hoping to work at a resort just because I have never been a lifeguard before.  I feel like a resort swimming pool will be better to start out at instead of a water park.  A swimming pool will be much more calm than all of the water slides and wave pools and all the people at once.

At the end of the day on Tuesday I will probably pass out on my bed for the night due to exhaustion.  I'm going to save all the unpacking for another day.  I am under the impression that we will have Wednesday to do so and get to know roommates.  Also, on Wednesday, my first adventure in the Disney area will most likely take place.  I want to go out and explore the area and probably venture to Downtown Disney.  We're going to have to see where the wind takes us.  I will let you know how it all goes. 

Basically, I'm going to go down there tomorrow with an open mind.  I am beyond excited and can't wait. No matter what, I have already had my dream come true.  Just to be given the opportunity to have this experience is amazing.

Grandmother Willow said, "Sometimes the right path is not the easiest one."  I know in my heart this is the right path for me.  I know that this is not going to be easy.  I will be working many hours and have schoolwork to keep up with.  I am going to be meeting new people from all over the world and creating friendships that could last for a lifetime.  I am ready for whatever is thrown my way.  Wish me luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment