January 13, 2013

Witnessing Dreams Coming Ture

Alrighty, so today was a fun day.  My roommate Kelsey and I walked to the outlet mall on the hunt for shoes.  It was a good time.  After we got back, Katie, Kelsey, Kasey, and I headed over to Epcot to spend the day there.  It was tons of fun.

We rode "Spaceship Earth" a.k.a the ride inside the big golf ball. This will be the ride that Kasey is working at so we had to scope it out.  The costumes she will be wearing are not that bad.  They are actually kind of cute.

We decided to head towards the newly renovated "Test Track"  to get a "Fast Pass" and on our way we stopped and had to say hello to the mischievous Chip and Dale.  Of course we got our picture taken with them.  Those two are a dangerous duo with all the tricks up their sleeves.  Luckily they didn't try to use any on us.

Among the other characters we met today were Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Pluto, and Duffy.  While we were in line waiting to meet Mickey, Minnie, and Pluto, the most adorable little girl was standing in line ahead of us.  She had her "Photopass" card and was anxiously waiting her turn.  She had to have been no more than two years old.  She kept waving the card and saying, "Mickey! Mickey! Mickey!..."  She was so excited..

When it was finally her turn to meet the characters she gave each of them a big hug and kiss.  She was like a professional at this.  After she gave her hello's she turned around, posed, and said "Cheese!" with the biggest grin on her face.  No one had to tell her what to do when.  It was the most adorable and comical thing ever.

Moments like these are the reason why I wanted to work for Disney.  I wanted to be there to see all of the children's dreams come true when they see their favorite characters.  I wanted to be a part of the magic that happens every day, all year long.  I can only hope that these children who are running with smiles on their faces throughout the parks will believe that their dreams can always come true.

I look forward to the many memories I get to witness within these next few months.  Tomorrow is when it all begins.  I start my lifeguard training, finally.  I cannot believe I have been down here a week already.  I feel like I have always been here.  I know my role isn't necessarily one to make dreams come true, but I get to see a whole other side to the many families who come to the parks.  I cannot wait to start lifeguarding at the Caribbean Beach Resort.

I will keep you all posted on how the three days of training went soon!

"When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly, and unquestionable." -Walt Disney

No comments:

Post a Comment